There are several factors that come in to play when decision makers pick the ideal touch point for their brand activation. Shortlisting the right venue is one of the key and foundational ingredients in deciding how an experiential marketing activity will ultimately perform and the maximum revenue that can be extracted from it.
It also takes the perfect venue and location to inculcate a sense of willingness and trigger anticipation in the target audience to come and visit it. The costs involved, services available and the type of crowd a particular location attracts are all important aspects in making this decision.
Here are a few ways in which your venue influences your experiential marketing activity:
- The location of a venue is of utmost importance. Adequate parking space, accessibility and customer service play a crucial role. Location is of the essence as your target audience will be traveling to where the activation will be conducted. Ideally, choosing a location that is centrally situated, well known and offers security marks all the ticks in the checklist. This also adds credibility to brand activations.
- Choosing a venue that is a perfect match for your brand activation is also extremely important. One must ensure that the selected venue can house the audience it is intended to serve and provides a manageable plan for the entire layout of the activity.
- It is also crucial to see if a venue has the bandwidth and amenities required to run an experiential marketing activity seamlessly. Whether it can provide a kitchen and catering service for attendees (if required), or deploy a set up and clean-up crew or supports audio-visual equipment (if required).
- It’s important to stress on the ambience of the venue while selecting one as the internal theme plays a huge role in determining the mood of the audience, radiating the desired vibe of an activity and in turn their response to it.
- Managing everything within a budget is a big worry, so cost assessment when choosing a venue is very important. Consider the month and the day of your event when planning for cost and benchmark with other similar venues to finalize the one that’s best suited to the pocket.
It can be concluded that, picking the right venue is a huge decision. It will set the tone for the outcome of a brand activity. If the location is not up to the mark or doesn’t manage to meet the brand’s needs, it could leave a dent on its reputation and standing in the market. Since there’s a lot to consider and even more at stake, a venue must be decided on after rigorous and thorough research to ensure a brand is represented in the most sought after manner.